Sunday 10 May 2009

Amsterdam




So, I went to Amsterdam, and now I'm back. Highlights included seeing a complete psycho in his aqua-blue rickshaw with a huge framed mirror as a back window blasting Lionel Ritchie's 'All Night Long' as he shouted abuse at someone and a canal boat driver who looked like Elvis and had a Elvis with a mike on the dashboard of his boat. Amsterdam is very beautiful - but most things close to Central Station are a bit grotty and touristy. I think the last day there was the best day overall, explored some less obvious places to go, such as the flea market at Waterlooplein, visited Cafe t'Smalle, a little tapas place and Studio 80's psytrance night.

I did feel like the walls were closing in, so if you want to sample the delights of certain menus, I'd advised not doing so on the first day of your trip, four hours after landing, no sleep for over 24 hours because you will indefinitely freak out and have a panic attack like I did (managed to keep it quiet).

Back to work I suppose, almost done the embroideries, finished one of the last ones today. Need to find a wristwatch that is broken and get the watch bit. 

No comments: