Thursday 28 November 2013

Visible Friends - A secret club

I'm really excited to be showing a new piece 'A Winter Adventure' in 'Visible Friends' organised by A secret club, featuring work by 27 artists, which you can read about below.

"It's time for some art to brighten up your winter days!

We're taking over an empty shop and are opening a pop-up gallery for the show "Visible Friends" in which 27 artists of extraordinary calibre have travelled back in time to share their childhood memories of dolls and action figures.

Entry is free and we are open from 10.00AM to 5.30 PM every day from 7th to 13th December in Klostergade 68 in Aarhus, Denmark.

All work is for sale and on the opening weekend, a secret club also sells other work from the participating artists in their mini-desiger's/artist's market.

Please note that it is cash only."

A secret club will be showing sneak peeks on their Facebook - also keep an eye on their website and Twitter. If you follow my Etsy, I'll be showing the 'A Winter Adventure' Paper Doll original embroidery also with some paper dolls to buy.

2 comments:

Leslie Astor said...

Reena, I stumbled across your blog inadvertently and love your work. Wish I could come to Denmark and see your exhibition. Where can I see more of your embroidered illustrations? They're amazing.
Lesliexx

Reena Makwana said...

Thanks Leslie, very kind of you to say. I wish I could go to Denmark too - going to have to appreciate all the work being shown through photographs. I've got work on my website www.reenamakwana.com and I will be showing my work in a few places in the next few months - usually post up news on here! I love your blog - very wholesome, love the embroidery scissors you've bought for your niece.xxx